On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 10:56:41PM +0200, Sandro Trianni wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback! I'm used to describing my patches in pull
> requests. Submitting it via mailing list was new to me, sorry. I hope this
> reply ends up in the right thread. The patch is regarding this 10 year old
> Bug https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/328
> Hardcoded 5 sec timeout is too low for slow proxies, especially over Tor.
> The server-poll-timeout option was supposed to fix it, but was only
> implemented for http proxies.
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 10:31 PM Antonio Quartulli <a...@unstable.cc> wrote:
>
> > Hi Sandro,
> >
> > at a first glance the patch looks reasonable.
> > However, we truly need you to write some commit message explaining what
> > your patch is fixing/implementing, why it is doing so and what problem
> > it solves.
> >
> > Cheers,

Hi.

This patch has lingered too long, found it when reviewing the issue
list in Github.

Seems we have a patch and a explanation, now we just need to combine
them. Could you resend the patch with the commit message included?
If you can't do it for whatever reason I can also take care of it
but it would be preferred if the original submitter does it :)

Regards,
--
  Frank Lichtenheld