Hello List,

I working on some unconventional setup for RETRO OSes...

The setup is:

<Server in DC running Vmware vms> -- openvpn -- internet -- openvpn -- retro
network

The servers range from old versions of Novell Netware like 2.x 3.x 4.x,
Solaris, Windows NT and alikes running old protocols like ipx/spx and some even
use not standard Ethernet frame types like:

In NetWare, frame types are an issue only for Ethernet networks, those that use
the CSMA/CD (Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection) media
access method on a bus topology. On Token-Ring and other networks, IPX/SPX has
always used the IEEE 802.2 frame format. Over the years, several frame types
have been defined for Ethernet:

    Ethernet II

    IEEE 802.3 "raw"

    IEEE 802.3 with 802.2

    IEEE 802.3 with 802.2 SNAP

Before I spending more time on this can OpenVPN 2.6.3 bridged network transport
all these? I would like to bridge those old VMs just like they would be on a
local LAN.

If not what else solution can you recommend? One end on that server must be
software only, can be some old cisco vpnc with a cisco appliance on the other
end or kame ipsec etc.

Thanks