I second this a little bit.

In my case I need to upgrade from Debian wheezy to jessie to get PFS, so there is more work involved. And I'd expect a decent number of servers to be in the same situation. Jessie came out in April, so it's not brand new. But it is still fairly recent and you can't just expect everyone to have upgraded already.

On the other hand, there will never be a perfect time to make such a switch and I do appreciate the push for more security.

~David

On 2015-07-27 07:46, Eric Koldeweij wrote:
Yes, my server would be one of those who cannot reach jabber.ccc.de any more. I did not get around to turning it on yet, I need a software upgrade for that.

I understand the need for extra security but enforcing it right away
without giving fellow operators time to upgrade as well will only hurt
the community. I thought I had until end of september for this.

Not happy.

Eric.