[Med] This is fair.

  I'm not sure I've seen this
> pattern arise before.
>
> RFC7758 is one such example of how scheduled operations would be
> handled at the protocol messaging layer and not scattered among
> the data-content.

[Med] Please note that we are focusing mainly on service and network models,
for which NETCONF may be the transport protocol, but I hear your point.

Given that for the AC models, we do define the following for a client to
control when a service can be activate/deactivated:

  grouping op-instructions
    +-- requested-start?   yang:date-and-time
    +-- requested-stop?    yang:date-and-time
    +--ro actual-start?      yang:date-and-time
    +--ro actual-stop?       yang:date-and-time

And that for advanced scheduling, the WG is working on a generic model
(draft-ma-opsawg-schedule-yang) that can be used in a future ac augments if
needed, I tweaked the draft so that the admin last-change is ro instead of rw.
The diff to track the changes can be seen at:

* Diff ac-common:
https://boucadair.github.io/attachment-circuit-model/#go.draft-ietf-opsawg-teas-common-ac.diff
* diff ac-svc:
https://boucadair.github.io/attachment-circuit-model/#go.draft-ietf-opsawg-teas-attachment-circuit.diff