Hello team o-list,

The concept of a modulating array for traffic noise barriers was
interesting to me.

You know how sound reduction panels often have different angles or cones to
break up the waves? Do we know of a tessellation pattern that might be
useful, so that a steel sheet might be folded in an effective manner as a
vertical barrier?

My parents are looking for a solution to the noise at their home and are
considering different options, with a steel wall being one of them,

> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:54:06 -0500
> From: Karen Reeds <karenmre...@gmail.com>
>
> RECONFIGURABLE ORIGAMI TRAFFIC NOISE BARRIER
> > [University of Michigan] Mechanical Engineering Professor Kon-Well Wang
> > leads a project to develop reconfigurable noise-blocking "origami,"
> > designed to cut down on different types of traffic noise, which is a
> > growing public health concern in urban areas. February 8, 2018.
> >

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLy_JTXhmSM

xda

www.linkedin.com/in/xander