Thanks Mike.  The info on Log4J is pretty interesting, especially the
ability to log to remote syslogs!  That's a great facility to have if
you're logging security-related events, for instance.  Will send you a
longer note to your internet.com address.

Will send the JNDI browser servlet code with deployment info to
OrionSupport asap, probably the weekend.

(If you find that logger, please holler!)

Thanks!

--Mark

======================

Mark,

That would definitely help, OrionSupport.com would love your
contribution!

There is some interesting stuff in the ApplicationAdministrator that I
sent
to the list the other day, I believe that's where the logger is stored
but I
haven't yet quite hacked access to it.

Have you looked at using Log4J? (http://www.log4j.org) It's an open
source
logging package from IBM. I'd be happy to work with you about how best
use this in an EJB / Servlet environment, I'm about to start looking
into
this myself. Email me to collaborate, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike

Just