Dear Stefan:
   Thank you for your interesting comments. I can offer no new comment son
the technology you mention, but may add that most scholars would agree with
you that there are no frgs. Of Mark from Cave 7 (including 7Q5). In fact,
following recent discussions by Nebe, Puech, and Mauro, it now seems quite
certain that several of the 7Q fragments are in fact parts of 1 Enoch. For a
summary of research, see my article:

Peter W. Flint,
³ŒApocrypha,¹ Other Previously-Known Writings, and ŒPeudepigrapha¹ in the
Dead Sea Scrolls,² in P. Flint and J. VanderKam (eds.), The Dead Sea Scrolls
After Fifty Years: A Comprehensive Assessment (2 vols., Leiden: Brill, 1999)
2.24-66, esp. pp. 41-45.

With best wishes,
Peter Flint

_________________________
Peter W. Flint
Professor of Biblical Studies and
Director, the Dead Sea Scrolls Institute
Trinity Western University                 Tel. (604) 888-7511 x3117
7600 Glover Road                           Fax (604) 513-2094
Langley, BC   V2Y 1Y1                      e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CANADA                                     web:  www.twu.ca
_________________________

On 09/12/2001 00:31, "Stefan Enste" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear list-members,
>
> last year I published a book dealing with the theory a papyrus-fragment
> from Qumran (7Q5) contains a part of the gospel of Mark. My result: It
> is impossible to identify this fragment with a part of the gospel of Mark.
> Some reasons forced me to deal again with this subject. I am very
> interested in comments from scientists on this subject (especially
> papyrologists):
> - What do you think about the suggested identification of 7Q5?
> - What do you think about the methods of the supporters of this
> identification?
> - Especially:  What do you think about the technology used by supporters
> to confirm their theory ("konfokales Laser Raster Mikroskop"), is this
> technology really suited to examine fragments?
> Thanks a lot for your comments!
> Stefan Enste

> You can find my article in the "Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und
> Epigraphik" from 1999 following this link:
>
> http://www.stefan-enste.de/Theologie/ZPE-Artikel/zpe-artikel.html
>
> My book: Enste, Stefan: Kein Markustext in Qumran. Eine Untersuchung der
> These: Qumran-Fragment 7Q5 = Mk 6, 52 - 53. Freiburg Schweiz, Göttingen:
> 2000 (= Novum Testamentum et Orbis Antiquus, 45)

For private reply, e-mail to Peter Flint <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>