O | S | D | N                 NEWSLETTER
    July 09, 2003                                          DEVELOPER SERIES

      The 'Developer Series' Newsletter is developed to bring Open Source
    related content to a user with a focus for development with Open Source
             If you'd like to receive more content relating to
             Open Source subscribe at http://www.osdn.com/newsletters/

Thinkgeek
Cube Goodies: Futurama Tin Signs
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/60e2/

Gadgets: FM Radio Pen
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/60bf/

Gadgets: USB Memory Pen
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/60a3/

Interests: Ph34r t3h Cute Ones Poster
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/megatokyo/coolthings/6193/

Interests: Broken Miho Poster
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/megatokyo/coolthings/6188/

Caffeine: Chargers Caffeinated Espresso Beans
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/5f75/

Caffeine: Shock Triple Mocha
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/6122/

Caffeine: Brute Force Energy Drink
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/6184/

PC Mods: ThermalTake SubZero CPU Coolers
http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cooling/603e/

Computing: Archos AV120 w/ DVR Attachment
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/handhelds/5fe2/

Computing: ICE-Cube Barebones Mini-PC
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/handhelds/5fd7/

Cube Goodies: geek. bumper sticker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/5f96/

Interests: Megatokyo Bumper Sticker 3-pack
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/megatokyo/coolthings/5fc2/

Cube Goodies: There's no place like 127.0.0.1 bumper sticker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/5fa6/

Cube Goodies: hacker. bumper sticker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/5f9e/

Cube Goodies: Killer coding ninja monkeys Bumper Sticker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/5faa/

Cube Goodies: I Brake For LAN Parties Bumper Sticker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/5fbe/

Gadgets: USB Memory Watch
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/5eec/

Caffeine: Jolt Gum - Spearmint Office Fishbowl
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/612a/

Gadgets: Boostaroo Portable Amplifier
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/3399/

Sourceforge
EVMS 2.1.0 released

    The EVMS team is announcing the next major release of the Enterprise
    Volume Management System. Package 2.1.0 is now available for download.
    This release is for the new EVMS design, which is based on user-space
    volume discovery and communication with existing kernel drivers, such
    as MD/Software-RAID and Device-Mapper. Downloads at the project page:
    http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/evms/ Please see the INSTALL file
    in the 2.1.0 package for information about installing and getting
    started with the new EVMS. Since this new design is based on user-space
    discovery, there will no longer be boot-time volume activation. Please
    see the INSTALL file for information about how to activate your volumes
    using the EVMS user-interfaces and utilities. The INSTALL file also
    contains instructions for how users may easily "upgrade" an existing
    2.4 kernel with Device-Mapper and EVMS 2.0.1 patches. Please see the
    README file in the 2.1.0 package for more detailed notes concerning
    this release and it's new features. EVMS 2.1.0 is supported on 2.4.21,
    2.4.20, 2.4.19, and 2.5.73 kernels. If you have any questions, find any
    bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to
    the EVMS mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or visit the EVMS IRC
    channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms). Please see the notes and changelog
    at: http://www.sf.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=168707

NDoc version 1.2 beta released

    A beta of the latest version of NDoc, the .NET Code Documentation
    Generator, has been released. The new features include: - new HTML Help
    2 documenter (beta version), - new HTML Linear documenter (alpha
    version), - the MSDN documenter can now generate CHM or Online
    documentation, - option to link to the .NET Framework SDK v1.0, v1.1 or
    MSDN Online - support for Visual Studio 2003 and the .NET Framework
    1.1, - plus many improvements and bug fixes... The NDoc v1.2 beta
    source code is available for download at:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36057&release_id=
    168934

Columba 0.11.0 (unstable) released

    A new unstable version of Columba is now available. Columba is an email
    client written in Java, featuring a user-friendly graphical interface
    with wizards and internalionalization support. Its a powerful email
    management tool with features to enhance your productivity and
    communication. So, take control of your email before it takes control
    of you! This version contains numerous new features we want you to
    testdrive. http://columba.sourceforge.net/downloads_unstable.php For
    more information visit: http://columba.sourceforge.net/news.php

Python 2.3b2

    Python 2.3b2 has been released (29-Jun-2003). We encourage you to test
    your applications with this release, as we plan on a final Python 2.3
    release by early August.

SOURCEFORGE.NET UPDATE - 2003-06-20 EDITION

    0. Intro. 1. Improved Search. 2. Project of the month: Megamek. 3.
    Updated Project Registration System. 4. New RSS Feeds. 5. Stats and Top
    Projects.
    Dear SourceForge.net, One of our biggest challenges in managing
    SourceForge.net has been handling our growth. With approximately 70 new
    Open Source Projects and 700 new registered users being added to the
    site each day, it can be quite a trick trying to stay ahead of the
    curve. This month I want to mention two improvements that are
    noteworthy. The first is project search. You can read about it below,
    but essentially the average time for searching for projects (using the
    left navbar) been reduced from 30 seconds to 1 second. The second is
    the beginning of the process of weeding out "dead" projects. These are
    projects that haven't had any real activity in the past 6 months and
    have never released any files. This is a big change for us. When
    SourceForge.net was started over 3 1/2 years ago, the vision was that
    it would be the permanent record of Open Source Software - Nothing
    would be deleted. We held on to the mission so strongly that we never
    developed internal tools to delete projects. Now with over 63,000+
    projects and 70 new ones being added daily, we do realize that not
    -every- project has taken root. The real crusty/vacant ones (haven't
    released files and have zero activity) will be put in a queue for
    removal. This process will be done very carefully; we will give the
    registered admins of the project ample warning and the ability to
    'opt-out' of the removal. The upside for the SourceForge.net community
    is that soon things will be a bit cleaner around here. Search results
    will list less dead projects and the software map will be easier to
    traverse. We still have some growing pains, but I hope you enjoy these
    latest improvements. I want to thank you for supporting SourceForge.net
    and the Open Source community. As always if you have some feedback or
    issues related to the site, please feel free to email me directly at
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] Patrick McGovern Director, SF.NET [EMAIL PROTECTED] Improved
    Project Search --------------------------------------------- As
    SourceForge.net continues to have significant growth in the size of its
    user base, count of hosted projects, and daily activity, a significant
    amount of work is done by the SourceForge.net team to ensure suitable
    site performance and to work to resolve existing performance problems.
    The SourceForge.net team is happy to announce that the "Software/group
    search" facility is now operating in a more proper and functional
    manner. Searches are now performed in real time and last only seconds.
    Search users should no longer encounter the dreaded "search server is
    overloaded" messages previously offered during peak traffic hours. The
    SourceForge.net team expects to further expand the search facility in
    the near future, and to increase the frequency of search updates
    (currently twice-weekly) to better meet the needs of our hosted
    projects. Your patience has been appreciated; we hope you enjoy your
    search results... http://sourceforge.net/search/ Project of the Month:
    MegaMek --------------------------------------------- The
    SourceForge.net team loves games. Our favorites are online, net-based
    games that offer the ability to battle friends and foes from all over
    from world. SourceForge.net's June 2003 project of the month, MegaMek,
    is a Java based networkable game for 2 or more players. It's a
    strategic game that features brains over fast reflexes. The Software,
    licensed under the GPL, has enjoyed a position in the top 25 SF.net
    most active projects since it's founding in February 2002. With new
    features being added daily, MegaMek is a project to keep an eye on.
    http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2003-06.php Updated Project
    Registration System ---------------------------------------------
    SourceForge.net provides hosting for Open Source software development
    projects. Each day, SourceForge.net evaluates more than 100 new
    projects for hosting. Historically, there have been a number of
    pitfalls in this process. In particular, ensuring that each new project
    registration contains enough information to be properly considered by
    the SourceForge.net team without the added delay of asking the
    submitter for more information. Delays due to lack of information
    previously impacted roughly 15% of our new project registrations,
    causing these registrations to take more than our ideal two business
    days to be processed fully. The project registration system on
    SourceForge.net has recently been completely rewritten, integrating
    fixes for all previously-reported issues (in the past couple of years)
    and generally making the process more seamless for the submitter. Based
    on information collected during the early stages of the project
    registration process, the project registration system automatically
    advises you as to what should be included in your project description,
    and helps to bring potential pitfalls to your attention before the
    registration request is submitted. Users of our past project
    registration pages will note a larger amount of integrated
    documentation, the ability to easily return to earlier stages in the
    process without losing entered data, and the capability to review the
    information you have provided (and make necessary changes) before
    submitting it to the SourceForge.net team for consideration. We hope
    these changes will help make the process of registering a project on
    SourceForge.net easier to understand, and help us to further improve
    the turnaround time on hosting requests. New RSS Feeds.
    --------------------------------------------- This is information from
    the last sitewide email, but we think it's worth repeating. A
    convenient way to keep up-to-date with the SourceForge.net site,
    project news, activity information, and new projects is now available.
    SourceForge.net provides a number of RSS feeds that may be accessed
    using an RSS reader or aggregator (some content management systems also
    allow you include data from an RSS feed on your website, much as
    Slashdot and Freshmeat do in the right sidebar of their layout). Using
    these RSS feeds, you can keep up-to-date with the latest project news
    and file releases, Site Status updates and SourceForge.net statistics
    (such as top projects). Project-specific RSS feeds may now be accessed
    using the "View list of RSS feeds available for this project" link on
    the Summary page for each project. Information about the full set of
    the available SourceForge.net RSS feeds (14 feeds, in all), including
    information on the software needed to view RSS feed data and a complete
    list of the options available for each RSS feed, may be found at:
    https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=15483&group_id=1
    Stats and Top Projects. ---------------------------------------------
    Number of Projects: 63,569 Number of Registered Users: 642,495 Daily
    Stats for June 11th, 2003 SF.NET : 1,762,941 pages served SF.NET
    project web space : 4,037,233 pages served Total Pages: 5,800,174 CVS
    updates: 15,017 Open Source Files downloaded in 24 period: 310,666
    Outgoing Mailing list emails: 124712 Top 25 Projects: 1. GAIM
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim/ Gaim is a GTK2-based instant
    messenger application. It supports multiple protocols via modules,
    including AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, IRC, Napster, Gadu-Gadu and
    Zephyr. It has many common features found in other clients, as well as
    many unique feature. 2. phpMyAdmin
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ phpMyAdmin is a tool
    written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the
    WWW. Currently it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter
    tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys
    on fields. 3. JBoss.org http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/ The
    JBoss/Server is the leading Open Source, standards-compliant, J2EE
    based application server implemented in 100% Pure Java 4. AWStats
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/awstats/ Advanced Web Statistics
    (AWStats) is a free powerful and featureful web server logfile analyzer
    that shows you all your Web (but also FTP or Mail) statistics including
    visits, unique visitors, pages, hits, hours, search engines, keywords,
    robots, etc. 5. Dev-C++ http://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/
    Dev-C++ is an full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
    for Win32. It uses GCC, Mingw or Cygwin as compiler and libraries set.
    6. guliverkli http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ Home of
    VobSub, Media Player Classic (MPC) and other misc utils. 7. BZFlag
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/bzflag/ OpenSource OpenGL Multiplayer
    Multiplatform battlezone capture the flag. 8. Tiki CMS/Groupware
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/ Tiki is a powerful
    CMS/Groupware. Features: article, forum, newsletter, blog, file/image
    gallery, wiki, drawing, tracker, directory, poll/survey & quiz, FAQ,
    chat, banner, webmail, calendar, category, ACL, etc in Single Sign-on
    or LDAP.(PHP/MySQL/Smarty) 9. ScummVM
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/ ScummVM is a cross-platform
    interpreter for SCUMM-based games, used by LucasArts in games like:
    Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Day Of The Tentacle, The Dig, etc. It
    also includes a non-SCUMM interpreter for Simon The Sorcerer 1/2. 10.
    Freecraft http://sourceforge.net/projects/freecraft/ This is a free
    cross-platform real-time strategy game engine. It is possible to play
    over LAN, internet or against the computer and to build C&C, W*rCr*ft,
    St*rCr*ft or AOE like RTS games with it. Currently only a W*rCr*ft 2
    compatible theme is available. 11. XboxMediaPlayer
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbplayer/ The XboxMediaPlayer for the
    Xbox allows you to use a modded Xbox to play/view DivX, XVID, MPEG-1/2,
    MP3, JPG & other supported video/audio/picture formats via your TV so
    it can used as a multimedia jukebox. It also supports streaming media
    over a network. 12. wxWindows
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxwindows/ wxWindows is a free C++
    framework that facilitates cross platform software development,
    including GUIs, threads, sockets, database, file system access, etc.
    13. POPFile http://sourceforge.net/projects/popfile/ POPFile is an
    email classification tool with a Naive Bayes classifier, a POP3 proxy
    and a web interface. It runs on most platforms and with most email
    clients. 14. moregroupware
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/moregroupware/ Web-based groupware
    written in PHP4. Including modules like webmail, notes, todo, contacts,
    project management, calendar and others. 15. Compiere ERP + CRM
    Business Solution http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/ Smart
    ERP+CRM solution for Small-Medium Enterprises in the global marketplace
    covering all areas from customer management, supply chain and
    accounting. For $2-200M revenue companies looking for "brick and click"
    first tier functionality. 16. TUTOS
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tutos/ TUTOS is the ultimate team
    organization software, a webbased groupware or ERP/CRM system to manage
    events/ calendars, addresses, teams, projects, tasks, bugs, mailboxes,
    documents and your time spent with these things. 17. filezilla
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/ FileZilla is a fast FTP
    client for Windows with a lot of features. FileZilla Server is a
    reliable FTP server. 18. Armagetron
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/armagetron/ Armagetron is a simple
    action game modeled after the lightcycle sequence of the movie Tron.
    The main focus lies on the multiplayer mode, which has already made
    Armagetron a popular warmup game on LAN parties. 19. ffdshow
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ ffdshow is DirectShow decoding
    filter for decompressing DIVX and XVID movies using libavcodec or xvid
    with rich set of video postprocessing filters. ffdshow can also be used
    as a separate postprocessing filter for other decoders. 20. TV-Browser
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvbrowser/ TV-Browser is a java-based
    TV guide which is easily extensible using plugins. It is designed to
    look like a paper based tv guide. 21. Mobicq
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mobicq/ Mobicq is a native ICQ client
    for mobile devices, such as celluar phones. It is written using Java 2
    Micro Edition (MIDP 1.0) and uses ICQ protocol version 8. 22. Alvaro's
    Messenger http://sourceforge.net/projects/amsn/ Alvaro\'s Messenger is
    a MSN messenger clone for linux/unix/windows/mac. It features
    multilanguage support, file transfers, new graphical interface,
    emoticons, multiple profiles support, dock icon, sound events, email
    notification, url processing... 23. MAMEoX
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mameox/ MAMEoX is a port of the popular
    MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator) system to the XBOX. The main goals
    of the project are to provide a well documented port with a consistent
    coding style. 24. WebCalendar
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/webcalendar/ WebCalendar is a PHP
    application used to maintain a calendar for a single user or an
    intranet group of users. 25. TortoiseCVS
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tortoisecvs/ TortoiseCVS is an
    extension for Microsoft Windows Explorer that makes using CVS fun and
    easy. Features include: colored icons, tight integration with SSH, and
    context-menu interactivity.

Slashdot
Another Water-Cooling System For Laptops

    [0]big writes "NEC has developed the world's first [1]slim sized
    water-cooling module for notebooks. It uses a piezoelectric pump
    driving method. This water cooling-module enables a highly advanced,
    slim sized, notebook PC with minimal operating noise." Toshiba has been
    working on [2]water cooling in laptops at least as far back as the year
    2000.
Links
    0. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    1. http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/334/C1811/
    2. http://www.arstechnica.com/archive/2000/0400-2.html

Warriors Of Freedom Prompted Rampage Attempt?

    Thanks to an anonymous reader for pointing to a Philadelphia Inquirer
    article [0]linking videogames to an alleged spree killing attempt.
    According to the article, "Investigators suspect the three teens
    arrested.. as they allegedly were about to launch a killing rampage in
    the small town, found inspiration in violent computer games.. [police]
    learned that the name the three reportedly had given themselves -
    Warriors of Freedom - is also an Internet-based combat game." But only
    a few media reports mention that the violent game connection was made
    by Jack Thompson, a Miami lawyer and [1]outspoken critic of [2]violent
    video and [3]computer games - is this a case of [4]shameless Googling
    to find [5]any obscure game with a similar name and make a connection,
    or is there genuine evidence here?
Links
    0. http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/6253512.htm
    1. http://www.fradical.com/Sniper_trained_on_Halo.htm
    2. http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/local/5966240.htm
    3. http://www.aim.org/publications/media_monitor/2003/02/26.html
    4.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22warriors+of+freedom%22+game&btnG=Google+Search
    5. http://www.dd-clan.org/rpg/

Armadillo Aero One Step Closer To Space

    [0]RobertB-DC writes "The folks at [1]Armadillo Aerospace have taken
    another step toward the X-Prize, dropping their re-entry vehicle from
    2000 feet with no major problems noted. As usual, the Armadillo crew
    [2]documented the event with text, pictures and video, and the story is
    also [3]covered by Space.com (though without as many cool technical
    details). It's a bumpy ride, though -- instruments recorded some 10 G's
    on touchdown."
Links
    0. http://www.dixie-chicks.com/
    1. http://www.armadilloaerospace.com/
    2. http://www.armadilloaerospace.com/n.x/Armadillo/Home/News?news_id=215
    3. http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/armadillo_test_030707.html

Wi-Fi, Linux, And VoIP In Canada

    WEFUNK writes "Canadian Business magazine has a [0]cover story
    promoting Wi-Fi, VoIP, and Linux as 'Stuff that Works: 3 hot
    technologies that live up to their hype.' The article goes on to
    describe a number of Canadian success stories, ranging from [1]Spotnik
    Mobile's growing network of Wi-Fi hotspots to the [2]Canadian National
    Railway's use of Linux since 1993, and quantifies the benefits of VoIP
    to a Canadian [3]insurance company's call centre. The article also
    includes some shipment numbers for Linux servers in Canada, mentions
    the growing number of Linux apps, and nicely downplays the SCO
    debacle."
Links
    0. http://www.canadianbusiness.com/columns/article.jsp?content=20030707_54765_54765
    1. http://www.spotnikmobile.com/
    2. http://www.cn.ca/
    3. http://www.canadalife.ca/

Glitches in Massive Government Databases?

    HBergeron asks: "Rather then post this as another YRO in the litany of
    new government datamarts there is a more fundamental question for all
    the coding Slashdot readers out there. [0]This story, in [1]Government
    Executive magazine, outlines the range of programming glitches in what
    is a relatively simple database. As a matter of public policy (and
    taxpayer money) is this level of non-functionality to be expected in
    these sorts of projects? Is the contractor just ripping off the
    taxpayers with bad code? How hard is it to write software like this
    that works?" The article focuses on the [2]SEVIS database, but have
    others noticed similar trend in other government information systems?
Links
    0. http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0703/070303h1.htm
    1. http://www.govexec.com/
    2. http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/27/0756253&tid=158

Extending And Embracing In Portland At OSCON 2003

    Officially, the theme of [0]this year's Open Source Software Convention
    (OSCON) 2003 is "Embracing and Extending Proprietary Software," and to
    that end approximately 1,500 attendees (and companies including Apple,
    Active State, online book-seller Powells.com and MySQL) are sharing
    space in three floors of Portland's downtown Marriott, and will until
    the conference's close on Friday. ([1]Representatives from Microsoft
    are along for the ride, too. Lunch on Wednesday is Microsoft's treat.)
    An unoffical theme of ubiquitious connectivity and creative
    collaborative in much in evidence as well: besides the
    conference-furnished wireless access points throughout the classroom
    area, numerous other base stations (like the one I'm connected to right
    now) have popped up. What do you expect with more than a thousand
    laptop-toting programmers in one hotel? There's also a
    [2]"semi-unofficial" wiki ([3]applauded by Tim O'Reilly), an [4]ongoing
    web log of the conference, and an irc channel filled with conference
    attendees. Read on for more.
Links
    0. http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2003/
    1. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1185987,00.asp
    2. http://oscon.kwiki.org/
    3. http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3404
    4. http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3438

Open Source Law

    [0]Russ Nelson writes "The U.S. Supreme Court just announced its
    refusal to review the 5th Circuit's en banc decision that there can be
    no copyright of privately authored laws offered to U.S. governmental
    bodies for adoption. The model law itself may be copyrighted, but once
    it's adopted, the law must be open source. The entire case is laid out
    on [1]Peter Veeck's page." Slashdot [2]touched on this before, but
    never really covered this dispute in depth. Here's a nice [3]legal
    summary of the case.
Links
    0. http://russnelson.com
    1. http://regionalweb.texoma.net/cr/filings.htm
    2. http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/13/1921223&tid=153
    3. http://www.gtwassociates.com/answers/veeck.htm

Evolving the Wireless Robot

    An anonymous reader writes "This article is one of the first to discuss
    [0]wireless robotics from an integrated approach. It explains the ins
    and outs of wireless robots: their components, their shortcomings, and
    how they can interact in a competitive or cooperative team within
    professional environments. Learn how smarter robots can relieve us of
    the most tedious -- and dangerous -- tasks."
Links
    0.
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-robotics.html?ca=dgr-lnxw01WirelessRobots

Inside Electronic Voting Machines

    [0]Alien54 and several other people wrote in about a couple of stories
    published in a New Zealand webzine: an [1]examination of an electronic
    voting system, and some less interesting [2]political speculation about
    it. [3]Diebold voting systems are in fairly wide use, and apparently
    provide zero security to keep election officials from writing in
    whatever election totals they want.
Links
    0. http://radiofreenation.net
    1. http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00065.htm
    2. http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00064.htm
    3. http://www.diebold.com/dieboldes/

Linux vs. SCO: The Decision Matrix

    [0]hexidec writes "Haven't seen this here yet, though I may have missed
    it. Anyway... A group of Australian techies have put together an
    analysis [1]matrix of the likelyhood of each SCO Unix claim being true,
    and what outcome would most likely result if so. Puts a lot of the
    various recent suppositions in one handy place."
Links
    0. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    1. http://www.cybersource.com.au/users/conz/linux_vs_sco_matrix.html

Freshmeat
2Pong 0.5
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128666/

    2Pong is a Pong clone that is played with two balls instead of one. The
    game features three modes of play: the regular Pong game, a time-based
    mode against an unbeatable AI opponent, and a "2 vs 2" mode.
    Network support for 1-vs-1 games is also available.

3D Pong for Palm Pilot 1.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128674/

    3D Pong is a fast-paced three-dimensional pong game for Palm OS. It
    features a computer opponent and multiple stages.

abcm2ps 3.6.4 (Development)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128627/

    abcm2ps is a package that converts music tunes from ABC format to
    PostScript. Based on abc2ps version 1.2.5, it was developed mainly to
    print baroque organ scores that have independant voices played on one
    or more keyboards, and a pedal-board. It introduces many extensions to
    the ABC language that make it suitable for classical music.

ActiveDeveloper 2.13
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128641/

    ActiveDeveloper is a runtime Objective-C and C IDE, JIT compiler, and
    debugger for Cocoa and WebObjects 4.x. It features fast incremental
    Objective-C and C compilation, full native speed applications in
    deployment, and no ActiveDeveloper dependency in your products.

AODV-UU 0.7.2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128646/

    AODV-UU (Ad-hoc On-demand Distance Vector Routing, from Uppsala
    University) is a routing protocol under investigation by the IETF for
    use in ad-hoc networks, where both end-users and routers are mobile.
    This implementation supports IPv6 and multicasting and is compliant
    with AODV Draft v.13.

Apollon 0.8
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128696/

    Apollon is the filesharing client you were waiting for! It uses
    giFT/openFT as a filesharing protocol, and the GUI is very
    user-friendly and intuitive.

Arbitrary Command Output Colourer 0.4.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128610/

    acoc is a regular-expression based colour formatter for programs that
    display output on the command-line. It works as a wrapper around the
    target program, executing it and capturing the stdout stream.
    Optionally, stderr can be redirected to stdout, so that it, too, can be
    manipulated. acoc then applies matching rules to patterns in the output
    and applies colours to those matches.

Bugzero 2.7.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128655/

    Bugzero is an all-in-one product for software bug tracking, defect
    issue incident tracking, trouble ticketing, help desk support, and
    customer email management. It is simple to use and avoids complexity by
    making the tasks or projects separate and independent. It is platform
    and database system independent (based on Java). It supports multiple
    projects, group-based access, automatic bug assignment, file
    attachment, email notification, inbound email management, metric
    reports, and workflow. It also features advanced search capability, a
    comprehensive bug audit trail, CVS version control integration, and an
    easy to use system administration tool for project configuration and
    user account management.

Build it Fast 0.1.13
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128651/

    Build it Fast (BIF) is a PHP Framework. It contains several classes
    that help you develop complex Web applications in a short amount of
    time. It brings the concept of the 'widget' to Web development. It
    features Cascade Skins and transparent session management.

Bungisoft Syntax Visualizer 1.3.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128700/

    Bungisoft Syntax Visualizer adds visual impact and interactivity to the
    documentation of your parsers. It supports a wide variety of parser
    generation formats, including yacc, bison, JavaCC, BNF, EBNF and ISO
    EBNF (ISO/IEC 14977). It is a self-contained Java-based visualization
    application that dynamically creates visual representation of your
    syntax and grammar, saving it as images for inclusion in your
    documentation. It supports all common image formats, easy integration
    with your existing build environment, full customization of the look of
    your railroad diagrams, and multi- platform support.

CDAY Calendar Almanac 0.51 (cday-php)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128697/

    The CDAY Calendar Almanac displays historical anniversaries such as
    birthdays and general events. It displays the equivalent date in
    multiple calendar systems, including Hebrew, Julian, JDNs, Great
    Underground Empire (Zork), and Shire (Lord of the Rings). Separate
    command line and Web-based versions are available, along with a free
    library of thousands of events.

changedfiles 0.9.7
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128690/

    changedfiles is a framework for filesystem replication, security
    monitoring, and/or automatic file transformations--essentially any
    application where you'd poll files or directories and either do
    something to them or send them somewhere else (or both). The difference
    is, the kernel tells you when they change, instead of you having to
    poll. Besides which, it's an easy real time FTP push mirror to one or
    multiple sites. The changedfiles system consists of two parts: a kernel
    module (works with Linux kernel version 2.4) which reports to a device
    whenever a file on the filesystem changes, and a daemon which runs in
    user space and can be configured to do almost any action when a change
    to a file matching the one of the patterns it looks for is reported.
    The kernel module is SMP safe and has been tested on Intel, PowerPC,
    and Alpha.

Cherokee 0.4.5 rc3
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128626/

    Cherokee is a tiny, ultrafast, lightweight Web server. It is
    implemented entirely in C, and has no dependencies beyond a standard C
    library. It is embeddable, extensible with plug-ins, and supports
    on-the-fly configuration by reading files or strings.

Cocoa 3D Tutorial 0.3 alpha
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128644/

    Cocoa 3D Tutorial provides a Cocoa framework to interface the OpenGL
    library in a more OO-fashioned style. It is not meant to be the fastest
    code possible, nor to leverage all the power of OpenGL, but to give
    developers a easy way to start working in 3D.

dnSQLpanel 0.12
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128618/

    dnSQLpanel is an easy to use control panel for Bind, using the MySQL
    SDB module. It provides direct access to the tables that Bind reads
    from modifying data in real time.

eboard 0.9.0 (Development)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128645/

    eboard is a chess board interface for ICS (Internet Chess Servers, like
    FICS) and chess engines (like Crafty) based on the GTK+ toolkit. It
    provides a friendly user interface with input history, locked scroll
    back, and multiple board windows.

Echo Web Application Framework 1.0.2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128623/

    Echo is a framework for developing object-oriented, event-driven Web
    applications in Java. Echo removes the developer from having to think
    in terms of "page-based" applications and enables him/her to
    develop applications using the conventional object-oriented and
    event-driven paradigm for user interface development. Knowledge of
    HTML, HTTP, and JavaScript is not required. Tutorials, white papers,
    and full API documentation are available.

eDContainer 2.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128640/

    eDContainer is a PHP container that defines a framework for content
    publishing via a Web interface or for building a Web application. It
    enables you to set up a fully customizable Web site or a Web interface
    for an application in a few minutes. It allows the definition of
    multi-lingual content, skins, dynamic content, customized error pages,
    and more.

Electronic Design Automation - Index 0.1-1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128630/

    Electronic Design Automation - Index is a system that can be used in
    the electronic world to keep track of your: Schematic, PCB, Front
    Plate, and Programmable Logic numbers. This is very useful when you
    have drawn some electronic schematics and PCBs in an EDA program such
    as Eagle, gEDA, Protel, or Orcad. It is also useful if you've created a
    front plate layout in an image editor such as GIMP, Corel Draw, or
    Photoshop.

EMacro 2.8
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128681/

    EMacro is a .emacs that easily configures Emacs and XEmacs on most
    platforms, without any elisp programming.

Emdros 1.1.12
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128620/

    Emdros is a text database engine for annotated or analyzed text. It is
    applicable in linguistics, publishing, text processing, and other
    fields dealing with annotated text. Emdros has a powerful query
    language for asking relevant questions of the data. It is middleware,
    acting as a layer between a client (written by the user), and an
    underlying database. PostgreSQL and MySQL are supported.

EMS PostgreSQL Manager 1.2.0-1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128643/

    EMS PostgreSQL Manager is a powerful graphical tool for PostgreSQL
    administration and development. It makes creating and editing
    PostgreSQL database objects easy and fast, and allows you to run SQL
    scripts and queries, manage users and their privileges, extract, print
    and search metadata, export data to 12 available formats, and import
    them from most popular formats.

Eternal Lands 0.7.6
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128701/

    Eternal Lands is a multiplatform (Windows/Linux) 3D graphical online
    world that will evolve into a fully-featured MMORPG. It requires a
    hardware-accelerated video card that supports at least OpenGL 1.2.

EzSDK 4.75
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128692/

    EzSDK is a PHP SDK which includes a PHP source code generator, a
    library of PHP classes, and an application environment consisting of
    premade supporting modules. The modules handle user application and
    data access security, DB compatibility (with MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle,
    etc.), a built-in GUI interface with an interactive desktop, and more.

Gnome Run Program Utility 0.9
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128703/

    gmrun provides a small window which lets you launch programs by typing
    their names. It features tab completion similar to bash or Emacs. It
    can complete program names from $PATH, or if the command starts with
    "/" it will complete file names. It provides a command
    history of configurable size, as well as the ability to perform
    forward/backward searches through the command history. gmrun was
    developed as a replacement for the Gnome Run program.

GOBLIN Graph Library 2.6.1 Build4
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128628/

    The GOBLIN project consists of a C++ class library for a large series
    of graph optimization problems, GOSH, an extension of the Tcl/Tk
    scripting language to graph objects, and GOBLET, a graphical user
    interface to the library functions. GOBLET includes a graph editor, but
    provides only basic graph layout methods.

GraphPak for Qt 1.02
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128658/

    GraphPak is a programming library of 2D and 3D charting objects for the
    Qt toolkit. It provides software developers with a set of C++ objects
    to easily create charts or graphs that aid in the visual presentation
    of technical and business data. This release includes Bar, Line, Pie,
    Ring, Area, Hi-Lo, Box and Whisker, and Polar charts. It is based on
    the KD Chart product from Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB.

Grip 3.1.1 (Development)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128657/

    Grip is a CD player and CD ripper/MP3-encoder for the GNOME desktop. It
    has the ripping capabilities of cdparanoia built in, but can also use
    external rippers (such as cdda2wav). It also provides an automated
    frontend for MP3 encoders (presets for lame, bladeenc, l3enc,
    xingmp3enc, mp3encode, and gogo), letting you take a disc and transform
    it easily straight into MP3s. The Ogg Vorbis format is also supported.
    Internet disc lookups are supported for retrieving track information
    from disc database servers. Grip works with DigitalDJ to provide a
    unified, "computerized" version of your music collection.

hackerlab 1.0pre2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128609/

    libhackerlab is a general purpose C library that offers a pleasantly
    refreshing alternative to libc.

Hierarchical Data Format 1.6.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128647/

    HDF (Hierarchical Data Format) is a general purpose library and file
    format for storing scientific data. It arranges data into datasets
    (multidimensional arrays) and groups (a structure for organizing
    objects).

IBM OpenDX 4.3
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128678/

    IBM OpenDX, the successor to IBM Visualization Data Explorer, (known
    simply as DX) is a general-purpose software package for data
    visualization and analysis. It employs a data-flow driven client-server
    execution model and provides a graphical program editor that allows the
    user to create a visualization using a point and click interface.
    Applications can also be built on top of portions of the Data Explorer
    system, so that custom, turnkey applications can be easily developed
    using DX as the computational and rendering engine.

IPA 1.3.5
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128683/

    IPA allows one to perform IP accounting based on FreeBSD IPv4/v6
    Firewall (including IPFW2), OpenBSD Packet Filter, and IP Filter
    accounting rules on Free/Net/OpenBSD. It supports limits for accounting
    rules, and limits events such as "limit is reached" and
    "reached limit is expired." It also has a flexible
    configuration file with many sections and options.

IRCG XML 4 Gamma 21
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128606/

    IRCG is a solution for delivering XML messages to huge numbers of
    clients in real-time. IRCG leverages the power of established IRC
    products and the PHP programming language for providing low-latency
    message streams over persistent HTTP connections. The use of
    time-proven technology and an easy-to-adapt scripting language is
    designed to reduce development time and to maximize the value of
    existing hardware investments. Typical applications of IRCG include
    online gaming communities and chat systems. IRCG is fully compatible
    with the ActionScript XMLSocket technology found in Flash-enabled
    clients.

iStumbler 0.8b
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128616/

    iStumbler is a small utility for finding local wireless networks and
    services. iStumbler combines a compact Aqua user interface with
    advanced wireless scanning and reporting.

ITracker 2.0.1 (Stable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128648/

    ITracker is a Java J2EE issue/bug tracking system designed to support
    multiple projects with independent user bases. It supports features
    such as full i18n support, multiple versions and project components,
    detailed histories, issue searching, file attachments, dynamic reports
    with charts, configurable field values, and multiple email
    notifications.

iWebXF 1.0-pre1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128613/

    iWebXF is a Website engine which allows users to easily create an
    uniform layout for a whole site. It can take care of XML documents as
    long as the corresponding XSLT stylesheet for the document dialect is
    provided. It has some features which facilitate the localization of a
    Web site, can create dynamic menus, and includes a cache system.

j 0.20.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128677/

    J is a multifile, multiwindow programmer's editor written entirely in
    Java. It features syntax highlighting for Java, C, C++, XML, HTML, CSS,
    JavaScript, Lisp, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Scheme, Tcl/Tk, Verilog, and
    VHDL, automatic indentation, directory buffers, regular expressions,
    multifile find and replace, autosave and crash recovery, undo/redo, and
    FTP/HTTP support. All keyboard mappings can be customized. Themes may
    be used to customize the editor's appearance.

Jess 6.1p4 (Stable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128642/

    Jess is a fast, light rule engine and scripting environment written
    entirely in Java. You can build Java software that has the capacity to
    "reason" using knowledge you supply in the form of
    declarative rules. It is supplied as a programmer's library, making it
    ideal for embedding in larger applications. It is free for academic use
    and can be licensed for commercial use.

Kalpa 0.0.0.7
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128631/

    Kalpa is a full-featured multi-user client-server cross- platform
    accounting, management, market support, and CRM system for Russian
    enterprises.

Krename 2.8.0 (Stable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128615/

    Krename is a very powerful batch file renamer for KDE3 which can rename
    a list of files based on a set of expressions. It can copy/move the
    files to another directory or simply rename the input files. Krename
    supports many conversion operations, including conversion of a filename
    to lowercase or to uppercase, conversion of the first letter of every
    word to uppercase, adding numbers to filenames, finding and replacing
    parts of the filename, and many more. It can also change access and
    modification dates, permissions, and file ownership.

Kroupware 1.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/127895/

    Kroupware is a Microsoft Exchange replacement that was commissioned by
    the German government. It features email capability, task planning,
    calendar scheduling, contacts management, notes keeping and sharing
    resources with your co-workers in the group. On the client side, you
    can use the following software packages: KMail, KOrganizer,
    KAddressbook, or Kitchensync (for Palm sync).

lin-seti 0.7.3
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128663/

    lin-seti is a command line program allowing the user to mantain a cache
    of work units for the [EMAIL PROTECTED] client. It should run without any
    problem on Unix-like systems, including Linux. It is designed to be
    fully compatible with SETI Driver (similar software for Windows), so
    you can share the same cache on dual boot systems.

LiteSpeed Web Server 1.0.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128704/

    LiteSpeed Web Server is a full-featured, high-performance, secure, and
    easy-to-use Web server that runs on Unix and Linux. It supports HTTP
    1.1, SSL, CGI, FastCGI, PHP, and JSP Servlets. It is easy to install
    and easy to configure or control through its Web interface.

Litestream 1.2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128679/

    Litestream is a MP3 streaming server based on the Shout protocol and
    written in C. It aims to be a small and robust MP3 streaming server
    solution.

lowlife 0.5
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128654/

    Lowlife is a documentation project which tells the user how to put
    together a simple uClibc-based Linux boot-floopy. It also describes the
    installation of the SVGA vncviewer on the floppy, thus enhancing it
    with X terminal capabilities. Besides the documentation, the package
    also contains a precompiled demo floppy image.

MegaPov 1.0.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128607/

    MegaPOV is a version of POV-Ray that features various custom and
    unofficial patches.

ModLogAn 0.8.9
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128632/

    ModLogAn is a modular logfile analyzer that combines speed with
    flexibility. It parses the logfiles generated by several server-types
    (HTTP, FTP, mail, streaming, etc.) and other logfile sources
    (flow-tools, ipchains, PABXs): currently 24 parsers. It features
    incremental logfile processing and internal resolving, and is able the
    split (mass-hosting) and combine logfiles (clusters) internally. The
    output can be based on the internal template engine to generate your
    own look & feel.

Mrwtoppm 0.0.a10
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128625/

    Mrwtoppm provides a command line utility and a Gimp plugin for
    processing RAW image files from Minolta's DiMAGE 5 and 7 series digital
    cameras. The programs decode Minolta's RAW format, perform Bayer
    pattern interpolation, and color space conversion. The programs also
    perform tone control and sharpening in CIELab color space. Utilities
    for displaying much of the additional data stored in the RAW file are
    also included.

MSBang! 1.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128669/

    MSBang! is a Linux-based text editor. The name is a twist of the
    creators' names. Some of the main features it has are: macro operations
    that start recording, stop recording, and save and load oft-repeated
    editing patterns, multi-threaded search capabilities with a choice of
    thread scheduling priorities, syntax highlighting systems with an easy
    facility for the creation of user-defined highlighting rules, extensive
    documentation, and autosave and complete recovery of files in case it
    crashes due to unforseen circumstances.

NetCDF 3.5.1-beta11 (Development)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128650/

    NetCDF is a format originally developed at NASA and then taken over by
    Unidata. CDF stands for "Common Data Format" and is a
    self-describing data format, commonly used in scientific and
    engineering applications.

Netxx 0.3.2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128686/

    Netxx is a C++ network programming library. In addition to having a
    nice clean API, it also provides a TLS/SSL abstraction layer via
    OpenSSL.

NewSyslog 1.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128687/

    NewSyslog is an updated version of a package put together by Theodore
    Tso of MIT Project Athena (which is included in NetBSD, FreeBSD,
    OpenBSD, etc.). It manages the rotation and archiving of log files
    (primarily those written to by syslogd). This version has a mix of
    features from all of the other versions, and it has been made more
    portable than any of the others with the help of GNU Autoconf.

O-Zone's EDITor 0.1.0pre2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128653/

    O-Zone's EDITor is a simple GTK+ 2 editor that is designed to be used
    for coding. Its design is based on SSEX, and it aims to be an
    integrated IDE.

pam_dotfile 0.5
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128699/

    pam_dotfile is a PAM module which allows users to have more than one
    password for a single account, each for a different service. This is
    desirable because many users have objections to using the same password
    for (as an example) an IMAP4 mailbox and SSH access.

Pan 0.14.0.90
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128675/

    Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both new and
    experienced users. In addition to the standard newsreader features, Pan
    also supports yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple
    connections, and more features for power users and alt.binaries fans.

phpQuoteMunkeh 0.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128680/

    phpQuoteMunkeh is a IRC quote bot used for the collection and display
    of quotes for an IRC channel. It uses a MySQL backend to store quotes
    and ratings, and supports numerous commands to add, remove, display,
    and rate quotes.

PHPX 3.0.2 (PHPX 3.x)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128684/

    PHPX is a Web portal system, blog, Content Management System (CMS),
    forum, and more. It is designed to allow everyone to be able to have
    feature-rich, interactive websites even if you do not know a bit of
    programming. Some key features include fully-integrated forums,
    downloads, an image gallery with slideshow and auto-thumbnailing,
    support ticket system, a GUI interface for Web page content management,
    news with topics and instances, and a whole lot more. It allows you to
    fully customize the look of your site.

PircBot 1.2.2
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128611/

    PircBot is a Java framework for writing IRC bots quickly and easily.
    Its features include an event-driven architecture to handle common IRC
    events, flood protection, DCC chat, file resuming, ident support,
    multiple servers, and more. Its comprehensive logfile format is
    suitable for use with pisg to generate channel statistics. Full
    documentation is included, and the Web site contains a 5-minute
    step-by-step guide to making your first IRC bot.

Pixory Beta 3.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128665/

    Pixory is a "personal image server". It allows you to store
    your photos on your own PC and access them, compose them into albums,
    and share them anywhere on the Internet. It presents a standard Web
    interface through which you can browse and organize your photos. All
    user-entered album data is stored in XML. Pixory displays image
    metadata such as the EXIF information embedded in image files by most
    digital cameras and scanners.

PsyncX 2.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128649/

    PsyncX allows you to backup either part or all of your hard drive. You
    can mirror your selected folder to a FireWire drive, a disk image, or a
    network drive (this feature doesn't seem to be working right now). In
    addition, psync will create a bootable drive if you mirror your entire
    harddrive. PsyncX allows you to schedule regular backups as well.
    (Note: your computer can't be asleep for this to work properly).

Qastrocam 3.6 Beta (Stable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128639/

    Qastrocam is a capture program that can work with any video4linux
    device. Its main purpose is to do astrophotography. It can control a
    telescope to do guiding with the images received from the video device.
    It can also control the extended features of a webcam modified to do
    long exposure (several seconds) captures.

Qingy Is Not Getty 0.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128660/

    qingy is a replacement for getty. It uses DirectFB to provide a fast,
    nice GUI without the overhead of the X Windows System. It allows the
    user to log in and start the session of his choice (text console,
    GNOME, KDE, wmaker, etc.).

Quick Spam Filter 0.7.4
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128689/

    Quick Spam Filter is a small, fast spam filter that works by learning
    to recognise the words that are more likely to appear in spam than
    non-spam. It is intended to be used in a procmail recipe to mark email
    as being possible spam.

Ranquel 0.1.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128608/

    Ranquel is a small Web server written in Perl. It serves static files
    and CGI applications (via GET and POST methods). It is designed to be
    highly portable and doesn't need any extra Perl modules or libraries,
    and is based on DNHTTPD but remains small and fast by not providing any
    "advanced" feature such as SSL support, virtual hosts, SSI,
    etc.

rexima 1.4
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128636/

    rexima is a curses-based interactive mixer which can also be used from
    the command-line. It's intended to be a simple, general, usable mixer
    without all the chrome usually present in other mixers.

Ringtone Tools 2.12
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128622/

    Ringtone Tools is a set of tools for creating ringtones and logos on
    mobile phones.

Ruby-GStreamer 0.1.1 (unstable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128619/

    Ruby-GStreamer is a set of Ruby bindings for the GStreamer multimedia
    framework.

skalibs 0.28
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128673/

    skalibs is a set of general-purpose, low-level C libraries, all in the
    public domain. It can replace or hide the standard C library to some
    extent. It is designed to allow building of small static binaries. It
    is used in building all skarnet.org software, including execline and
    skadns.

SlideServlet 2.4
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128614/

    SlideServlet is a Java servlet that allows you to share documents.

SWISH++ 5.14.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128667/

    SWISH++ is a Unix-based file indexing and searching engine (typically
    used to index and search files on web sites). It was based on SWISH-E
    although SWISH++ is a complete rewrite. SWISH++ is at least 10 times
    faster and can handle much larger numbers of files. Additionally, it
    has unique features such as selective non-indexing, on-the-fly filters,
    user-selectable stemming, and more.

Thinlet Beta 6
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128693/

    Thinlet is a GUI toolkit, implemented as a single Java class, which
    parses the XML defeinition of widget hierarchy and properties of the
    GUI, handles user interaction, and calls business logic. It separates
    the graphic presentation (described in an XML file) and the application
    methods (written as Java code).

ThinStation 1.0 beta 4
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128637/

    Thinstation is a mini Linux distribution that enables you to convert
    standard PCs into full-featured, diskless thin clients supporting all
    major connectivity protocols like Ica, Windows terminal services (RDP),
    X, telnet, ssh, etc. It can be booted from the network using
    Etherboot/PXE or from standard media like floppy/CD/hd/flash-disk etc.
    The configuration is centralized to simplify terminal management.

tm4 1.4.1a
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128676/

    tm4 is a commandline application that can program 12- and 14-bit PIC
    parts using Newfound Electronics' WARP-13 programmer. It also works
    with programmers with the RX firmware.

WANPIPE 2.3.0-0 (Stable)
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128688/

    WANPIPE S-series is a family of intelligent multi-protocol WAN and ADSL
    adapters that support data transfer rates up to 8Mbps. All WAN
    protocols supported by WANPIPE are implemented in firmware and run on
    the card. An advantage of an intelligent adapter is that it offloads
    the system CPU and improves stability. By adding a Sangoma WAN/ADSL
    component to the Linux kernel, one can create a powerful multi-T1/ADSL
    router/firewall with proven reliability of Linux. Sangoma S-series
    cards support an optional on board T1/E1 CSU/DSU that eliminates all
    external components of a traditional routing solution: i.e. T1/E1 line
    can be directly connected to the card. WANPIPE supports the following
    protocols, ATM, ADSL, Frame Relay, PPP, MULTILINK PPP, CHDLC, X25(API),
    BitStreaming (API), BiSync(API), and SDLC(API). Furthermore, WANPIPE
    supports custom API development such as: Credit card verification,
    Voice-over IP, Satellite Comm. All device drivers are part of the
    standard Linux Kernel distribution.

WebDesk 1.0
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128635/

    WebDesk lets the user embed a Web page into the desktop. The interval
    at which the page should be reloaded can be specified.

WebShop 0.9.6
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128685/

    WebShop provides a framework for an Internet shop using EJB 2. It
    includes the beans necessary to operate an e-commerce enterprise, as
    well as a sample servlet/JSP implementation of a shop.

wmpower 0.1.3
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128662/

    wmpower is a Window Maker dock application allowing the user to
    graphically see (and set) the power management status of his laptop. It
    works with both APM and ACPI enabled kernels.

XBlockOut 1.1
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128629/

    XBlockOut is an excellent 3D game of Tetris/Block Dropping. It has nice
    graphics, offers great information support and it is very stable.

ZoneMinder 0.9.14
http://freshmeat.net/releases/128624/

    ZoneMinder is a suite of applications intended for use in video camera
    security applications, including theft prevention and child or family
    member monitoring. It supports capture, analysis, recording, and
    monitoring of video data coming from one or more cameras attached to a
    Linux system. It also features a user-friendly Web interface which
    allows viewing, archival, review, and deletion of images and movies
    captured by the cameras. The image analysis system is highly
    configurable, permitting retention of specific events, while
    eliminating false positives. ZoneMinder supports both directly
    connected and network cameras and is built around the definition of a
    set of individual 'zones' of varying sensitivity and functionality for
    each camera. This allows the elimination of regions which should be
    ignored or the definition of areas which will alarm if various
    thresholds are exceeded in conjunction with other zones. All
    management, control, and other functions are supported through the Web
    interface.

http://freshmeat.net/releases/128617/

    |ped| is a console-based, portable text editor written in Perl. It
    features automatic resizing when the terminal window is resized,
    DOS/Unix line ending support, a search function, and correctly
    functioning backspace and del keys.

Slashcode
So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish!
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/13/1816237

    All things come to an end and its been a wonderful ride. Today is my
    last day at OSDN and this will be the last thing I will be posting on
    Slashcode. It has been fun working on Slash for the last few years and
    I have enjoyed working with the Slash community (tf32, ACS, vladinator,
    ericdano, and many more that I am forgetting). On Monday I start work
    for MySQL so I will be a bit busy for a while but I expect you will
    still see Slash stuff coming from me in the future. I will continue to
    be in #slash for a while, and you can still always reach me via email.
    The best of luck with you and your sites, it has been great!

Spottedrabbit.com
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/13/1756251

    After much kicking and screaming, yet another Slash Site! The Spotted
    Rabbit with news and events for Sussex County NJ, and Orange County,
    NY. It still looks a lot like basic slash, but I'm new to this, and
    we're working on it! --Ken Hall

Multiple Instances
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/10/1543202

    Please indulge a beginner. I currently have slashcode setup on a single
    domain with its own IP address (wwwntm.biz) for testing purposes. Here
    is my dilemma. I am setting up a community similar to yahoo/geocities.
    It will be www.newthoughtcommunity.net and the individual communities
    will be sub-domains of this domain ex;
    community1.newthoughtcommunity.net, community2.newthoughtcommunity.net
    etc Residents of the communities will be set up as users ex;
    http://community1.newthoughtcommunity.net/user1,
    http://community1.newthoughtcommunity.net/user2 etc. Directory is:
    /home /newthoughtcommunity /community1 /community2 I know that slash
    can be setup with virtual domains, but can sub domains have there own
    instance. I need each community to have their own slash. Also. When I
    set up a new instance of slash for a virtual domain, do I use the same
    database and administrator with a new virtual user when I run
    DBI::Password? Thank you for any help you can offer John --John Macuga

section as subdomain (2.2.5 based install)
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/06/1444236

    Hello, I have a slashcode version 2.2.5(*) based site under my command,
    for which an extension is planned, that would fit well in an isolated
    (isolate=1) section with a few modified templates put in the
    section-page (like header;etc;default). I managed to configure a second
    virtual host that uses the same SlashVitualUser directive as the
    main-server with the sectionname as subdomain (etc.myslash.company),
    overriding the rootdir-variable using SlashSetVar and enforcing the
    section using SlashSetForm: SlashSetVar rootdir //etc.myslash.company
    SlashSetForm section etc Everything works fine so far... I just
    wondered if it is safe to use the same slash-site (db and all) within
    two virtual-hosts. And I wondered the more if there isn't an easier way
    to accomplish this. As far as I understood mod_perl there shouldn't be
    any problem, but asking the masters seldom hurts but the professional
    pride... * I did fix the released security-holes!. tia,kind regards
    tomte

Barrapunto.com see the light with 2.2.6
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/03/150251

    It has been hard, but after playing a little with all the
    configuration, we have reached a good balance in Barrapunto.com and now
    our users are very happy, the journals start to be filled with contents
    and the editors now are more active. We feel that the key was to serve
    the images from a differente machine, something that points to
    saturation in the connections for our main machine. Now the performance
    is very good with 70.000 pages/day and a PIII with 1 GB RAM with Slash
    and MySQL and a simple PC serving the images.

Translation Guide?
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/01/198224

    Is there any guide on how to translate slashcode (interface, at least
    the one seen by the users) to some other language? Is the slashcode
    written so that can be easily translated to some other languages (UTF-8
    not required) ? Thanks!

Yet Another Security Site
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/05/26/174230

    YASS should probably stand for "Yet another Security Site" LOL. I've
    been playing around with slash for about a week now, and finally have
    the beginnings of a site running. Feel free to pop in, drop some
    comments, break stuff and generally see what goes. The more
    participation I see, the more work I'll put into making it a nice site.
    A good name might help... now there's an idea for a poll.

Democracy Now!
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/05/22/176211

    Democracy Now! a U.S. based morning TV and radio news program launched
    it new site, based on a heavily modified cvs version of slash. (Hacked
    together and hosted by openflows.) As they become more comfortable with
    the system, and people on staff there get the hang of how slash works,
    we hope to add in the more community/interactive features of slash. For
    now it is simply a content management system, in the future it will
    become much more. In just the first few days the traffic and audience
    response has been overwhelming. stats from the second day the site was
    live: IPIDs Pages 11193 55190

Advice on setting up a new site
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/05/20/1512203

    I am trying to use Slash to set up an events-based discussion forum.
    Ideally I'd like it to be hosted by a turn-key hosting company with
    fairly punctual customer support. My internet connections are either
    behind a firewall or 56k modem, so speedy shell access is out of the
    question. Ideally the host would be friendly towards freedom of
    information and healthily disrespectful of authority (the site will NOT
    contain anything illegal, links or insight to anything illegal, but
    will be acting against the policy of a well-funded British institution
    whose ground-floor members support and are behind it). I would rather
    the host didn't drop me just because 'someone' asked them to. Who would
    you recommend for this? I'd like to modify Slash slightly by arranging
    it around the date of the event, rather than the posting date. Would it
    be as simple as an extra data entry and changing a couple of lines of
    code, or would that go against everything Slash is designed to do?
    Thanks for your help.

Request for BLOB/Image Modifications
http://slashcode.com/article.pl?sid=03/05/11/2227225

    I'm really happy with how the BLOB support in slash is working. I can
    now add images and files, and I move the select level up so registered
    users can only access files. It's great. I'd like to see how hard it
    would be to have Krow or someone add in placement tags for images. So
    you can "ALIGN=LEFT" or Right images and the like. Thanks!

Price Compare
256MB Secure Digital Card (SanDisk)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=637899

    Lowest Price: $61.99

256MB Memory Stick (Sony)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=706661

    Lowest Price: $74.84

256MB Secure Digital (Lexar Media)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=605642

    Lowest Price: $71.25

XD Picture Card 256MB (Olympus)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=695144

    Lowest Price: $99.95

256MB CompactFlash Type I (SanDisk)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=445141

    Lowest Price: $52.00

Power Mac G4 (Apple)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=216734

    Lowest Price: $895.00

iMac PowerPC G4 800MHz 256MB 60GB CDRW/DVD-R (Apple)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=546009

    Lowest Price: $1794.00

XTREME - EXPLORER X4000 PC Intel Pentium 4 Processor 1.60 GHz, 256MB DDR, 40GB (Xtreme)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=551387

    Lowest Price: $558.00

Dimension 8200 (P4 2.2 GHz, 256MB, 40GB, CDRW) (Dell)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=550241

    Lowest Price: $1298.00

X3000 (AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHz, 512MB, 20GB 52X CD-ROM) (Xtreme)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=551397

    Lowest Price: $445.00

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling (Trade Cloth)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?isbn=043935806X

    Lowest Price: $14.38

Essential 55 by Ron Clark (Trade Cloth)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?isbn=1401300014

    Lowest Price: $11.50

South Beach Diet by Arthur S. Agatston (Trade Cloth)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?isbn=1579546463

    Lowest Price: $13.99

Glucose Revolution Pocket Guide to Losing Weight by Kaye Foster-Powell (Mass Market)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?isbn=1569246777

    Lowest Price: $1.70

7-Minute Miracle by Sheldon Levine (Trade Cloth)
http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?isbn=0895261820

    Lowest Price: $8.00

Copyright (c) 2003 OSDN Open Source Development Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without
express written permission of OSDN is prohibited.
url - http://www.osdn.com
email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]