There are plenty of osg examples that show how to create your own event
handler by subclassing from GUIEventHandler. For example look at osgpoints.

Make your own event handler, and change the text visibility (using its node
mask) based on whatever keys you choose.

To update text dynamically, use an update callback attached to the Text
node. See the osgcallback example.

---
Ravi

Sent from my phone, please excuse my brevity.