My wife listened to me read Yousif's story and suggested that someone link him
up with George Clooney who has been extremely active on Sudanese issues.
Elwin

      From: Peggy Holman via OSList <oslist@lists.openspacetech.org>
 To: Open Listserv <oslist@lists.openspacetech.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:59 AM
 Subject: [OSList] Help Request

Hi all,
I had an unusual phone call yesterday with a Sudanese man, Yousif Ibra, who is
living in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He has been in the U.S. for about one year and
has applied for asylum but has yet to hear anything. He left family behind when
he fled his country.
Yousif told me that he saw my book online and thought I could help. I committed
to sending him copies of my books and said that I would reach out to the
networks I’m in to see if there’s someone better equipped than I to work with
him. I’m definitely out of my element on this!
I asked him to write something about his request for help. His response to my
request is below. There are no doubt multiple forms of support that might be
possible: connections with organizations that are involved with Sudan, a place
for him in a workshop you are doing, or working with him to imagine something
that can be done.
I’m sending this message in hopes that someone(s) are in a position to help
Yousif. His contact information is in his message. Do copy me if you reach out
to him. In fact, let us know on this list if you do.
I guess I’m counting on the miracle of this world wide network of friends to
have someone who can make a difference.
With gratitude,Peggy

Begin forwarded message: