On 12/5/2019 11:52 AM, David Ahern wrote:
Hi:

I am trying to compile ovs code from github for the 5.4 kernel and the
module builds are failing (excerpt pasted below). Is anyone working on
moving the out of tree modules forward to 5.4 now that it is released
and targeted as an LTS?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

We try to keep our out of tree kernel modules compiling against recent kernels and will eventually add support for 5.4.  Right now our support is up to 5.0.  However, you can just build the user space code and not bother with building the out of tree kernel modules and then just use the built-in openvswitch kernel module for 5.4.

Is there some specific need for the out of tree kernel modules to compile on 5.4
right now?

Thanks,

- Greg