You'll need to use ovs 2.17 (at least python-ovs 2.17) to use raft
effectively. Leader transfer on compaction will cause disconnected
clients, and before python-ovs 2.17, monitor-cond-since/update3
support was not there to make the reconnect happen using a snapshot
instead of a full dump of the db from ovsdb-server.

Terry