static int OW_w_pios(const BYTE * data, const size_t size, const struct
parsedname *pn)

{

        BYTE formatted_data[formatted_size];

-        if ( formatted_data[formatted_data_pointer+1] != ~data[i] ) {

+        if ( formatted_data[formatted_data_pointer+1] != (BYTE) ~data[i] )
{

Can't see why this should fix it, since both variables are BYTE from the
beginning. I wonder if there are any problem where formatted_data is set
too.

                formatted_data[formatted_data_pointer+1] = ~data[i];

Is this working as it should?  And the comparison fails?

/Christian