I want to make my UI application internationalized . What is the procedure
to start with this .

Read the "Localized Applications" section of the Palm OS Companion documentation.

From where can I get the overlay resources ?

You don't need these to create a localized application. Overlays are a technique (mostly used internally for multi-lingual EFIGS ROMs) to separate out the non-localizable portions (mostly code) from the resources that should be localized.

What else
should I do to make the application support internationalisation ?

If you still have questions after reading the "Localized Applications" chapter, please re-post specific questions.

How can I
test the Japanese , etc. charactors / words ( I don't know Japanese ) on my
application ?

Once you've got the Emulator or Simulator running with a Japanese ROM, running Gremlins is the easiest first step.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.