On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Sebastian Cancinos wrote:

> Brian, I don't quite understand your request. I made a mapping software
> that takes coordinates form a GPS via Serial connection. I could give
> you some pointers on that. But what do you mean with 'external
> programm'?

What I'm talking about is allowing a program (a geocaching database, in my
case) to run the mapping program, while passing a set of coordinates (via
the cmdPBP parameter for SysUIAppSwitch()) to mark a waypoint on the map
(optionally with a name for it), so you can find it there in relation to
where the GPS receiver tells you that you are.

Mapopolis does this with street addresses, and allows passing a creator ID
to return back to when a "Done" button was tapped that it would display in
that situation.  If they accepted GPS coordinates to do the same thing,
then that would be a perfect example.