I doubt they'll every add it, since the existing API is capable of doing the
job.

Besides that, it's possible to simulate a "text callback" using the existing
API.. Simply use the userDataP to hold your function pointer, then you only
need to write one ListDraw function (which then calls your "text callback").

Easy huh?.. Take about 15 minutes to write it the first time, stick it into
your standard "library" code, get the exact functionality you need, and it
only adds 10 lines of code to your whole project.

Alan