Aaron Ardiri wrote:

did you actually unzip the sdk's to /PalmDev and then run palmdev-prep?
ie:

The sdks came in RPM form too, so I just installed them as such. However after reading your reply I did run palmdev-prep and got this:

--------------------
# palmdev-prep
Checking SDKs in /opt/palmdev
 sdk-4         headers in 'include', libraries in 'lib'
 and material in /opt/palmdev used regardless of SDK choice
   (common)    headers in 'include', no libraries

When GCC is given no -palmos options, SDK '4' will be used by default

Writing SDK details to target specs files...
...done

Next 'make' had the same "no genuine PalmOS.h found" error.

BUT... I am noticing now that there are two PalmOS.h files on the machine in different locations:

# locate PalmOS.h
/usr/share/prc-tools/include/PalmOS.h
/opt/palmdev/sdk-4/include/PalmOS.h

I had tried to install prc-tools from sourceforge before I went to palmos.com -- so maybe it's still trying to use the failed sourceforge install. In fact I'm pretty sure it is, because if I rename the one in /usr/share, make yields "PalmOS.h: No such file or directory".

This is a newly installed redhat with nothing else on it, so I do have the luxury of being able to reinstall absolutely everything from scratch and know what I'm dealing with. That might be the next step.