You can tell the simulator and emulator to simulate a serial connection over TCP/IP. I do this to test my software, but I have found it very flaky on the emulator. I don't see any problems on the simulator.

~Brad

Dhanashri K wrote:

Hello ,
I want to test my serial application on a new Sony CLIE device running Palm OS 5.0 but I don't have the serial cable with me . Is there anyway by which I can simulate the serial port within the device so that I don't actually need to connect the external device for testing my application ?
Thanks & regards ,
Dhanashri .

Meet Virgo. Fall in love. http://server1.msn.co.in/features/virgo03/ With perfection!