-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Régis
Daniel de Oliveira
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 3:04 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: DataTypes and Databases

Hy all!

On this weekend, i've got on a mistake about the types of data that i can
write to a database (PDB). I was using to write only Chars into my Records,
and, now, i know that i can write any type of data (UInt16, UInt32, Boolean,
float, etc). Doing this, i don't need to convert the values retrieved from
the record, whei i store a integer value on it, for example. (I used write
number as string to the record, how i said before). But, the questions is?

Which one is the best way to do this? Convert all to string (this way allow
me to see the record with an utility like xPDB), or using the correct Data
Type?

Thanlks all!

Régis Daniel de Oliveira