Nathanael Inkson wrote:

Dear all,

A few questions:

   1. I can find the code for the Ensight writer, but I can’t seem to
      actually find how to write an ensight file from paraview. Am I
      missing something?
   2. I am unable to install paraview cvs on Ubuntu Hardy Heron, I
      receive a string of errors within ccmake, has anyone had success
      with Ubuntu?

I run ubuntu have no specific problems related to ubuntu. I will say that I have paraview soup to nuts installed from sources. That includes several flavors of MPI as well. I haven't tried running with mpi out of ubuntu package repos.

  1.

   2. I am trying to run paraview in parallel on openSUSE 10.3. this
      is my output:

> mpirun -np 8 /usr/local/bin/pvserver

Libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.

….

libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.

[0,1,6]: uDAPL on host couch was unable to find any NICs.

Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in

lower performance.

[0,1,0]: OpenIB on host couch was unable to find any HCAs.

Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in

lower performance.

Check this out:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2007/09/4052.php

….

Listen on port: 11111

Waiting for client...

what does this mean?

Any help appreciated.

*Best Regards*

* *

*Dr. Nathanael Inkson,***

* *

*Computational Fluid Dynamics Developer,***

*Digital Flow Solutions,***

****

**mob: + 44 7872010167******

**web: wirthresearch.com <http://wirthresearch.com>**