Paul,

I don't know of any existing filter to do that, but a pretty simple
programmable filter can do it.  Here is the script that will achieve it.  Just
create a custom filter and copy this into the script.

input = self.GetUnstructuredGridInput() output =
self.GetUnstructuredGridOutput()
output.GetPointData().PassData(input.GetPointData())
output.GetCellData().PassData(input.GetCellData()) cellTypes =
vtk.vtkUnsignedCharArray() cellTypes.DeepCopy(input.GetCellTypesArray())
cellTypes.SetName("Cell Types") output.GetCellData().AddArray(cellTypes)
If you plan to use this multiple times, you probably want to wrap this in a
custom filter.

-Ken