I will commit the work next week, along with a Wiki describing how to build/configure the dependencies. For planning purposes plan on late next week.

John Biddiscombe wrote:
Martha

Build paraview as usual, ignore all the guff about PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES, remove this from your paraview build, remove any CSCS addons you might have specified from paraview 'core' build.

Then build a new new project which will be plugins, using the cmakelists from the root of CSCS stuff. Enter the paraview build dir, enable CSCSCommon and netcdf, (netcdf will pick up common when it needs it - fingers crossed).

then try making it all. Of course it won't actually work, but that's what I've been trying to say all week! When it fails, ask Burlen for his netCDF adaptor stuff from visit and we can all get on with other stuff...

JB

John,

I must be missing something.  I did as you specified below, then went to
the ParaView directory,
Ran ccmake several times, enabling the correct options per the CSCS web
site(PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES,
PARAVIEW_USE_CSCSNetCDF, and the source directory variable) , and ran
make, but again, the same include file was not located, even though I
see it is there in the vtkCSCS directory tree.

Was I supposed to run ccmake under the vtkCSCS trunk before running
ccmake for ParaView?  I did try to do this,
Only to get an error concering "Policy" and the directions for resolving
the error were unclear.

I am a novice concerning ccmake, as the first time I have used it was
last week.

Thanks.

Martha Tonkin