It turns out that you are right: decimal section has been introduced by PV with
a comma.
By I do not understand why this regional settings apply at writing time and not
at reading time!

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:40:50 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] Writing then reading ascii file: warning
> From: jerome.ve...@gmail.com
> To: stan1...@hotmail.fr
> CC: paraview@paraview.org
>
> Hi,
> I also had such a problem:
> 1- depending on your regional settings, it is possible that your
> written decimal separator is not a '.' [point] but a ',' [comma] (such
> as the french fashion ;) ). Then the reader may be not able to read
> it.
> 2- if some point data are 'NaN', or 'inf', then the reader cannot
> assign a correct scalar.
>
> You can check these points by reading the ascii file with a simple text
> editor.
>
> Regards,
> Jerome
>
> 2009/9/23, Fred Fred <stan1...@hotmail.fr>:
> >
> > I suspect that this problem has already been posted but did not find it in
> > the archives.
> > So my problem is as simple as 123: I save a polydata set and try to load it
> > again, and I obtain this results.
> >
> >   Generic Warning: In /usr/local/ParaView-3.6.1/VTK/IO/vtkDataReader.cxx,
> > line 1382
> >   Error reading ascii data. Possible mismatch of datasize with declaration
> > With vtk-4.2 I get another message:
> >   Generic Warning: In /usr/local/vtk-5.2.0/IO/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1250
> >   Error reading ascii data!
> >
> > Any tips?

> > Inédit ! Des Emoticônes Déjantées! Installez les dans votre Messenger !
> > http://www.ilovemessenger.fr/Emoticones/EmoticonesDejantees.aspx

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx