Hi Guys,

I have noticed this as well. I have been dealing with it by using qdel to make sure the pvserver gets shut down and allocation doesn't get wasted. I thought this happened because I used ncat to forward a port, so I never looked into it.

I've used a bash script to submit the pvserver job to the batch system so I can deal with this as follows: qsub returns the job id which I save, I register an exit handler with bash to run the qdel command when the script exits. then keep the script running in a while loop. This may help you while this resolved.

JID=`qsub -v ... start_pvserver.qsub`
ERRNO=$?
if [ $ERRNO == 0 ]
then
echo "Job submitted succesfully."
else
echo "ERROR $ERRNO: in job submission."
fi

# make sure the job is deleted, if this window closes.
trap "{ qdel $JID; exit 0;  }" EXIT

JIDNO=`echo $JID | cut -d. -f1`

# keep the shell open
while :
do
  echo "Enter command (h for help):"
  echo
  echo -n "$"
  read -n 1 inchar
  case $inchar in
    H|h)
      echo
      echo "    u - qstat $JID."
      echo "    s - showq."
      echo "    c - checkjob $JID."
      echo "    d - delete job $JID."
      echo "    q - quit, and delete job $JID."
      echo "    p - pages job $JID's stderr/stdout stream."
      echo "    l - ls job $JID's stderr/stdout file."
      echo "    h - print help message."
      echo
      ;;

    D|d)