Hi Rick,

Good, maybe it's something specific to my configuration although I don't have any idea what it could be off hand. Just to be sure: do you mean that you haven't had noticed problems or that you've positively verified that after using the enum once you could change the value?

thanks
Burlen

On 02/29/2012 10:31 AM, Angelini, Richard C CIV (US) wrote:
What platform is the client running on?   We make extensive use of pvsc and
enumerations and have not seen this  (mis)behavior on our Mac/Linux client
workstations......
________________________________
Rick Angelini

USArmy Research Laboratory
Computational Sciences Division/Computing Architectures Branch
HPC Architectures Development Team
ARL/DSRC (DoD Shared Resource Center)  Data Analysis&  Assessment  Center
Phone:  410-278-6266

From: paraview-boun...@paraview.org [paraview-boun...@paraview.org] on behalf
of Burlen Loring [blor...@lbl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:58 PM
To: paraview@paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] 3.14 pvsc enumeration issues

Hi,

I've encountered bugs with pvsc enumerations in version 3.14.0. I have
the attached pvsc that makes use of a couple of enumerations. After
connecting once w/ this pvsc, neither of the enums save the user's
choice in the GUI the next time the server is used. However they seem to
remember the user's last choice internally and always uses that instead
of what the user has selected in the GUI. Neither setting save=false or
removing the default attribute helps. I filed the bug report here.
http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=12969 If it's confirmed would the
bug be fixed in another 3.14 release? or should I simply remove
enumerations from our pvsc's for 3.14?

Burlen