Truman,

It appears to me that EnSight-formatted result file-sets can do two things:

1) Provide ParaView with a different mesh at each time (or load) step

2) Provide partial data to points and finite elements (ie, cells)

Though I have used EnSight-formatted result file-sets with EnSight's 'part'-construct extensively with ParaView, I have not tested these two features. I am more certain of (1), than I am of (2).

Maybe someone else on this list can comment on ParaView's EnSight reader at to whether or not features (1) and (2) are supported.

Sam