Simoyama san,

If you have a surface displacement vector (I will use the names Ux,Uy,Uz and z is the vertical axis), then one possibility is to build a pipeline --

(1) First, Use the Calculator filter (Filters>Alphabetical>Calculator)

    (a) Replace "Result" with "Wave Height" (or a name you like)

    (b) Enter the formula (U.kHat)*kHat, where "U" is the vector with components (Ux,Uy,Uz).

    (c) Click on Apply. The result will be a vector called "Wave Height" that has components (0,0,Uz)

(2) Second, Use the Warp-by-Vector filter (Filters>Alphabetical>Warp By Vector)

    (a) In the vector-window, choose "Wave Height"

    (b) In the scale-factor-window, enter a factor value that is about 0.1 times the lateral dimension of your horizontal coordinate space. (You can always return to this input window and change the scale factor to produce a figure that gives information you like about wave height.)

    (c) Click on Apply.

I am sure there are other ways to produce a figure with a graphically enhanced wave height. The above approach should help you explore the filter tools, and adapt the filters to the data you have supplied to ParaView.

Sam

You can apply the Transform