Magician,

If you were using EnSight Gold formatted binary results output, you could use the EnSight "Part" construct to output (both in the same results file-set) the 2D-Wall elements and the 3D-Cell elements as separate displayable graphic objects (plus their point & cell data).

Then, in PV, use the "Extract Block" filter to select which "Parts" you want to display followed by any other filters you like.

Sam