Fred,

Thanks for the expanded explanation and the figures. Now I understand your request. Var1(t)-vs-var2(t) x,y-plots is something in which I am also frequently interested in viewing.

Given that PV using the Plot-Selection-Over-Time filter, can already make var-vs-time x,y-plots with a moving "green" vertical fiducial line when animated, and that the Plot-Selection-Over-Time filter can also make var1(t)-vs-var2(t) x,y-plots, it appears to me that it should be a very easy step to add a moving "green" fiducial dot to a var1(t)-vs-var2(t) x,y-plot when animated.

Maybe an even simpler job would be to add a moving "green" fiducial cross-hair to a var1(t)-vs-var2(t) x,y-plot when animated.

Your feature request has my vote. If there is only a single choice possible, I would prefer a "green" fiducial dot. The complete option would be [dot | cross-hair | dot & cross-hair].

Sam
FMA Development, LLC