Hi,

I get this error building a fresh clone of 3.14.1 using gcc 4.7.2, vtk
build and works perfectly fine with this compiler so I presume it's a
slight change in ordering that has caused the problem.:

[ 30%] Building CXX object
VTK/Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx.o

ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx: In function ‘FT_Error
vtkFreeTypeUtilitiesFaceRequester(FTC_FaceID, FT_Library, FT_Pointer,
FT_FaceRec_**)’:
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx:343:46: error: expected
type-specifier before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx:343:46: error: expected ‘>’
before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx:343:46: error: expected ‘(’
before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeUtilities.cxx:343:46: error: ‘intptr_t’
was not declared in this scope

Seems very simple, just seems to me to be a missing #include <stdint.h>,
fixing it by including said header in the cxx file above, then gives this:

ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx: In function ‘FT_Error
vtkFreeTypeToolsFaceRequester(FTC_FaceID, FT_Library, FT_Pointer,
FT_FaceRec_**)’:
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx:229:46: error: expected
type-specifier before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx:229:46: error: expected ‘>’
before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx:229:46: error: expected ‘(’
before ‘intptr_t’
ParaView/VTK/Rendering/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx:229:46: error: ‘intptr_t’ was
not declared in this scope

including this again inside the cxx fixes this too and it seems to go
through fine.  Probably too late for 3.14.1 but might be of use for
3.98....?

Let me know if this was the wrong thing to use?? As I've change my local
copy to reflect the above.

Cheers,
Andy