Dan,

Your question is not entirely clear to me. Possibly the simplest way is to use two separate *.vtk files, one that only has the lines and the other that only has the "Rect's."  ParaView will read both files and display the results either overlaid or in two separate views. You can then apply the 3d-arrow normal glyph filter (and other filters as well) to each file separately.

Hope this helps,

Sam Key
FMA Development. LLC