Cory,

"New in ParaView: Coloring by field data
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/817 "

Thanks for this effort and explanation of how to use it! I am familiar with the ExodusII simulation results database and its 'field' variables.

In my multiple-material simulation models, total internal energy by-material is a field variable for each material block.

However, once I implemented in my software, the capability for writing an EnSight Gold simulation results file-set, my efforts to advance to the ExodusII format have all been for naught. My results simulation output routinely uses the EnSight-format 'Part' construct to create by-material blocks that the PV Extract Block filter nicely allows me to display any-and-all combinations of material Parts.

Is their any possibility of storing and accessing field data via ParaView's EnSight reader?

Samuel W Key
FMA Development, LLC
1005 39th Ave NE
Great Falls, Montana 59404