Thanks Utkarsh for your reply. I've gone through the blog a few times
already but I still don't understand the whole procedure. I even tried
to just run the example in the blog in a Programmable Source but it
doesn't work ('No module named numpy_interface'). Part of the issue
could be that I still don't fully understand the RequestInformation,
RequestUpdateExtent, and RequestData bits of the filter.

The input data that I'm working on in the pipeline (vtk unstructured
grid) already have different time steps. How can I update the values of
the inputs for the different time steps?

Thank you,
Omid

On 14-12-16 05:26 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Check this blog: http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/783
> It should give you information on what you need to put in the Scripts
> for various passes of the filter.
>
> Utkarsh
>

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Omid Mahabadi
> <omid.mahab...@geomechanica.com
> <mailto:omid.mahab...@geomechanica.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I'm writing a python script for the Programmable Filter of
>     ParaView to do some analysis on my simulation results. The
>     simulations results are transient and hence the analysis has to be
>     done over time steps (perhaps similar to integrate over time
>     filter). All bits of my script are working fine. However, after
>     spending a considerable amount of time on fiddling with the
>     script, googling, reading mailing lists and the VTK documentation,
>     I haven't found a way to "loop over time steps AND update the
>     input" from within the script. I can loop over time steps using:
>
>         from vtk import vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline
>         for time in
>         outInfo.Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.TIME_STEPS()):
>             #Perform some analysis, for instance subtracting value_v
>         for this time from value_v at time zero...
>
>     However, the input data is still from the time step where I first
>     applied the script. Of course, when I animate the results, the
>     inputs will be updated, but I will need to achieve the same
>     results from within my script in the Programmable Filter dialogue.
>
>     How can I update the inputs from within my for loop or how can I
>     modify the for loop or my script to achieve that? Can Programmable
>     Filter handle my situation? If not, what is the alternative?
>
>     Many thanks,
>     Omid

>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
>     http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Omid Mahabadi, Ph.D.
Geomechanica, Inc.
http://www.geomechanica.com/