On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 17:20:35 +0100, Albina, Frank wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. My idea was to run PV-5.0.0-RC1 in parallel on our
> cluster,
> therefore the need to recompile as the binaries do not usually ship with this
> feature
>  and I guess that you do not necessarily know either which parallel
> communication
> library is going to be used  on the end user's compute platform.
>
> If the binaries ship with SWR using prebuilt mesa  binaries, is there any
> documentation
> on how to build the mesa binaries with SWR support? I might eventually figure
> it out by
> myself (or not) but I would be grateful for any hints.

Here's the relevant subset of the Dockerfile Utkarsh used:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKDIR /opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa
RUN git clone https://github.com/OpenSWR/openswr-mesa.git src-avx2 --depth 1 -b
11.0-openswr
WORKDIR /opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa/src-avx2
RUN scons build=release texture_float=yes swr_arch=core-avx2 libgl-xlib

WORKDIR /opt/tools/mesa-swr-avx2
RUN cp
/opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa/src-avx2/build/linux-x86_64/gallium/targets/libgl-xlib/libGL.so.1.5
 . && \
    ln -s libGL.so.1 libGL.so && \
    ln -s libGL.so.1.5 libGL.so.1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKDIR /opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa
RUN git clone https://github.com/OpenSWR/openswr-mesa.git src-avx --depth 1 -b
11.0-openswr

WORKDIR /opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa/src-avx
RUN scons build=release texture_float=yes swr_arch=avx libgl-xlib

WORKDIR /opt/tools/mesa-swr-avx
RUN cp
/opt/tools/src/openswr-mesa/src-avx/build/linux-x86_64/gallium/targets/libgl-xlib/libGL.so.1.5
 . && \
    ln -s libGL.so.1 libGL.so && \
    ln -s libGL.so.1.5 libGL.so.1

--Ben