Hi Armin,

Thanks for pointing me to the relevant VTK Wiki page!

The information there cleared up my questions about how to incorporate an arbitrary n-vertex polyhedral finite element into the VTK XML-structured results file for ParaView.

My delayed reply can be attributed to the maelstrom of counters I had to introduce into my existing VTK XML Writer. It took a lot of time to get everything right. (Luckily, my software has an EnSight Writer that handles polyhedral finite elements and I was able to get ParaView to convert the 7-cell test mesh into a muti-block *.vtm collection for comparison.)

Regards,

Samuel Key
FMA Development, LLC
1005 39th Ave NE