On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 9:48 AM, claire.guilb...@cea.fr
<claire.guilb...@cea.fr> wrote:
> When running ParaView 5.1 in debug with DEBUG_LEAKS=ON, I have several times
> the following message :
>
> Generic Warning: In …/vtkDebugLeaks.cxx, line 285:
>   Deleting unknown object: vtkBuffer
>
> When I close PV, there are a lot of vtkBuffer<ScalarT> instances still
> around.

It looks like the vtkDebugLeaks reference manager is getting confused
by the class template. It appears that vtkBuffer is being registered
as 'vtkBuffer<ScalarT>' and unregistered as 'vtkBuffer'.

The good news is that you can likely ignore these for now -- they
aren't actually leaking, but the object tracker is getting confused.
I'll see about fixing this soon.

Thanks for the report!
Dave