Hi,

in case you want to use superbuild, gcc 6.3.1 compiles qt 5.8.0 from PV 5.3
for me without any problems. Why do you want to use precompiled qt?
On a fast Linux I build PV 5.3 superbuild with qt in ~30 min.

If you want to compile qt-everywhere manually be warned, a plain configure
took hours and many GBs for me - apparently all combinations of debug/relase/…
were built.