Hi Tomislav,

I find restriction on the resolution number of a cyliner source in
vtkCylinderSource.h, that is:
  vtkSetClampMacro(Resolution,int,2,VTK_CELL_SIZE).
This macro amounts to saying that the resolution is restricted to a
range between 2 and VTK_CELL_SIZE(=512). Hence, I think it difficult
to override.

In order to increase the resolution of the cylinder, one thing you can
try is to apply the loop subdivision filter after triangulating it.

Thanks,
yoshimi