Hello,

I was wondering if there are any sort of general best practise when writing Python based Paraview scripts for visualizations. From the materials I've gathered, everything feels very much like mutating a global state machine, which might not be the best if you want to turn certain actions into a library/general utility executable. What are the best practises in this regard?

Furthermore, is there a way to specify ProgrammableFilter not as strings but in a file that you import and invoke? Judging from the source code it doesn't appear this is an ability that comes out of the box as it just spins up a python interpreter with that string. I've tried to create a function and them execute it, but this only works under pvpython, not with the python shell in the Paraview GUI. What are the best practises for this, as well?

Thanks,
Shuhao