Niklas,

My first question is, are the data actually being read in as a point data field
or a cell data field? If you go to the Information panel, what does it say the
data are?

I'm not at my computer to check this, but I believe that if you read data as a
lon/lat projection, the mesh is most likely read as a 2D "image", and if so,
that is rendered with the "slice" representation. If that's the case, can you
try changing the representation to "surface"?

-Ken

Sent from my iPad