On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Scott, W Alan <wasc...@sandia.gov> wrote:
> The more I think about this, I wonder if the answer is no?  After all, you
> would want the sbatch and srun to come from the same version of MPI that is
> linked into the application, would't you?

I am assuming the sbin and srun you mention come from Slurm. This
documentation [1] for MPICH2 with Slurm suggests that you really
should build it against your Slurm installation. Towards the end,
however, it includes an example that *may* work for launching the
current ParaView linux binaries with Slurm using:

salloc -N 2 mpiexec my_application

It could looks like it would be fast to try out if you want to give it
a shot. Just sub out "my_application" with "pvserver".

Cory

[1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/mpi_guide.html#mpich2

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer