What kind of visualizations are they looking to do? It may be a good idea
to treat time differently here given that it is the most dense dimensions.
I am thinking of some sort of tabular format that can then be used with
filtering to extract a time step. Potentially, even a database may work
depending on what the end visualization product will be.