Hi folks,

I am new to XML and therefore I am killing myself with making XDMF files
working. I have a (working) XDMF that contains a <Geometry> looking like:

<Geometry GeometryType="VXVYVZ">
  <DataItem ItemType="Uniform" Name="Y" Format="HDF" NumberType="Float"
Precision="8" Dimensions="200">
      grid.h5:/x_grid
  </DataItem>
</Geometry>

I am a bit annoyed by the static definition of the attribute "Dimensions",
that I would naively define as an element:

<Geometry GeometryType="VXVYVZ">
  <DataItem ItemType="Uniform" Name="Y" Format="HDF" NumberType="Float"
Precision="8">
      <Dimensions> 200 </Dimensions>
      grid.h5:/x_grid
  </DataItem>
</Geometry>

such that, later on, I could use an <Information> to import the value from
an external source, and use an XPath to define the element Dimensions.
However, Paraview does not like this second version, giving me errors like:

ERROR: In
/home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/Xdmf2/vtkXdmfReader.cxx,
line 409
vtkXdmfReader (0x36249d0): Failed to read data.

Now, I am new to XML, so I could have misunderstood the relation between
attributes and elements.
Would you please advise me about this issue? Or, do you know a better
strategy to dynamically import geometries?

Many thanks,

Marco