Dennis,

I guess in this case, the memory inspector shows the process memory limit
(RLIMIT_AS) and not the system memory size.
Did you consider the use of `ulimit`?
You can calling something like: ulimit -u unlimited

Best,
Joachim

*Joachim Pouderoux*, PhD

*Technical Expert - Scientific Computing Team*
*Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*