From: ParaView [mailto:paraview-boun...@paraview.org] On Behalf Of Nico Schlömer
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:15 AM
To: paraview@paraview.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] plot colors: function value -> RGB tuple

Hi everyone,

I need to plot complex-valued functions over various domains, and instead of
splitting the values into real and imaginary part (or absolute value and
angle), I would like to use a "2D colormap" approach as sometimes suggested for
complex-valued functions (see, e.g., [1]).
As a lowkey approach of getting this into ParaView, I was wondering if it's
possible to create a filter that takes a point value (or two), runs it through
some specified (Python) code, and uses the returned RGB tuple for rendering the
plot.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Nico