Only heard crickets on this one :-)

I’ve spent some time looking into this and here’s some of what I've discovered
so far (I was jumping between OSX and Win10):

1) Stay away from trying to mix Anaconda/conda Python distribution with any
other Python distro (including PV’s) [1]

2) Use/install a Python from python.org<http://python.org> that has ‘pip’
installed (e.g. 2.7.14) and then run:
$ python -m pip install scipy

Note, attempting this with pvpython doesn’t work:
$ pvpython -m pip install scipy
Got unknown argument: -m

3) Ensure pvpython’s sys.path points to *all* relevant dirs containing all
necessary scipy-related dependencies in the above installation. Hopefully it
gets picked up automatically if it’s a default system install. Alternatively, I
*think* I was able to manually copy the scipy and numpy folders from the system
install into the appropriate PV Python folder (on Windows anyway).

4) This all feels very fragile.

5) I briefly tinkered with conda-forge and building PV from source, then backed
out.

6) About the time I figure out a reasonably good solution, a new version of PV
supporting Python3 and pip will come out making life wonderfully simple…

Comments very much welcome.

-Randy

[1] https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/forum/#!topic/conda/ozG_nTuQQYk

On Dec 12, 2017, at 10:37 PM, Heiland, Randy