Dear all,

Sorry to post onto an old thread. I have been reading this thread and the
related write up here:
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Advanced_Tips_and_Tricks#Animating_a_static_vector_field

This thread (and the tips and tricks post) is really close to what I want
to do, but I have a few follow-up questions.  I too have a steady-state
solution field. I want to trace particles from the inlet of my domain to
the exit, following the steady-state velocity field, and report for each
particle the temperature-time history (or any other scalar from my
simulation) that the particle sees.  In additional and crucially, the time
the particle has within the domain: a residence time.  The residence time
would be the maximum value or IntegrationTime each particle attains before
it leaves the domain.

I see that if I follow the notes I can plot (using Glyphs) the temperature
as it varies across my domain as the particles are animated down the
streamlines: this is working.  What I do not seem to be able to find
however, is the IntegrationTime.  It appears as point-field data after the
streamlines are created, but vanishes after the contour filter is applied.
I guess the contour filter is computing a singular value for all values of
the IntegrationTime from T=0 to T=N with a specific level of granularity.
However, I can't seem to extract the specific value of IntegrationTime (the
contour value) when I stop the simulation at any given point.  Do you know
how to do that?  The "time" scale in the VCR window always goes from 0->1
not from 0->(max value of IntegrationTime in seconds).  Can the actual
value of time be backed out or animated? If so how do I do that, or am I
applying the Contour filter wrongly: as per the post, I am only using the
default values in the Counter filter panel.

Finally, and importantly for me, while the Glyphs move across the screen
following the streamlines, and render via the temperature field, how to I
actually extract information from this pseudo time series to perform
analysis?  For example, the min and max temperature seen by a particle as
it moved across the streamline for instance?  I'm actually hoping to plot
offline (as a function of IntegrationTime) the min and max temperature
obtained for each particle: I can then take the min and max of that set for
the quickest and slowest particles.

Using the latest stock version of paraview.

Cheers,
Andy