Hello, dear participants.

Actually, one can do what Kolja needs. If you are still interested, I can
deduce the sample from my plugin.

In 2 words:
1) inherit main view class MyView from pqView
2) create a stub class vtkPVMyView, inherited from vtkPVView, override pure
virtual functions
3) add to plugin's XML:

</ServerManagerConfiguration>
    <!-- declare a view -->
    <ProxyGroup name="views">
        <ViewProxy
                name="MyView"
                class="vtkPVMyView"
                processes="client"
                base_proxygroup="internal_views"
                base_proxyname="ViewBase"
                label="My View">
        </ViewProxy>
    </ProxyGroup>
    <!-- here is your other stuff -->
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

4) create your own container widget class and return it from
MyView::createWidget() method
5) use this in your plugin’s CMakeLists.txt:

   add_pqproxy(
      VIEW_IFACE VIEW_IFACE_SRCS
      TYPE MyView
      XML_GROUP views
      XML_NAME MyView
   )

That’s it. I used SpreadSheet view implementation for inspiration.