Alan

From: ParaView [mailto:paraview-boun...@paraview.org] On Behalf Of Beach,
Timothy A. (GRC-LTE0)[Vantage Partners, LLC]
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:46 PM
To: paraview@paraview.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] Possible bug (Actually 2)

I have a problem with unstructured CFD datasets  using the Ensight format.  The
following illustrates the problem.  I make a slice at a certain value of y and
look at velocity vectors.  Everything is good.  I use calculator to make    a
dependent variable from CoordY and contour at the same y value.   These 2
surfaces are identical and shading by any variable yields identical results.
If I put velocity vectors on the  constant y contour surface, they are wrong.
This procedure works as expected with   plot3d structured datasets.  The other
thing I’ve noticed, when using a cylindrical slice,  it always uses the y axis.
 Setting X or Z anything else has no effect. This happens on all my datasets.
I’m using my own compile of Version 5.4.1 on a mac.  Any ideas, comments or
suggestions?
Thanks
Tim