Notice of Race

Stoney Burke Regatta

October 10-11, 2009

Host:
The 2009 Stoney Burke Regatta will be Hosted by UC Berkeley on the 10th and 11th of October. The regatta will be held at the Treasure Island Sailing Center, on Treasure Island, in San Francisco Bay. The regatta will be sailed in Flying Juniors.

Rules:
The regatta will be governed by the ICSA Procedural Rules (Fall 2009- Spring 2012), the 2009-2012 Racing Rules of Sailing, and the Sailing Instructions.

Schedule:

Saturday Oct. 10th            0900                Report Time

1000 Sailor's Meeting

1030 First race

Sunday Oct. 11th            1000                Report Time

1030 First Race of Day

1600 No race after

Entries:
-   Scheduling is through your intersectional coordinator
- One Varsity entry per team, one Women’s varsity, and unlimited JV teams are allowed.

-     There will be an entry fee of  $40 per entry.

- If entering JV teams, each school must provide JV sail numbers for each

entry by emailing calsail...@gmail.com before Wednesday, October 7th , 2009.

Boats:
-       Collegiate FJs

- Charter Boats are available and will be doled out based on location and timeliness of the reservation. Charter fees are $100 per boat for the weekend and $50 for sails.

- A separate $100 deposit will be collected for each chartered boat and returned at the end of racing.

-       Checks are made out to UC Regents.

Housing:
Limited housing is available with the Berkeley team. If you need housing, please e-mail Erin Martin ASAP at erin_mar...@berkeley.edu and write "Stoney Burke Regatta Housing" in the subject.

Directions to Treasure Island:

From San Francisco or points on the west side of San Francisco Bay:
- Take I-80 East to the Bay Bridge. Treasure Island is a left exit at the end of the San Francisco side span. The exit road will merge onto the road that runs down the west side of Yerba Buena Island (overlooking San Francisco to the west and Clipper Cove to the east). Continue down the hill until you reach the gate that guards the entrance to Treasure Island.

- Continue through the gate and take your first right onto California Ave.

- As you proceed down California, you will see several large buildings on your right. After the last building, turn right on Avenue "I". Drive straight (south) along the building to the facility.

From Oakland or points on the east side of San Francisco Bay:
- Take I-80 west to the Bay Bridge. After the toll booths, merge into the far left lane. The exit for Yerba Buena/Treasure Island is a left exit at the end of the Oakland side span. Follow the exit road around to the west side of Yerba Buena Island. At the stop sign, merge onto the road that takes you down to the gates of Treasure Island. Continue through the gate and take your first right onto California Ave.

- As you proceed down California, you will see several large buildings on your right. After the last building, turn right on Avenue "I". Drive straight (south) along the building to the facility.

Contact Info:
For more information, contact the UC Berkeley Team Captain Erin Martin
e-mail: erin_mar...@berkeley.edu
phone:  (760) 419-0989